I’m trying something a little different today, I recorded a short little video as an intro to the almond coconut butter recipe. Enjoy!
A delicious little snack from the almond coconut butter!
2 c. toasted almonds
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut shreds
1/4 tsp. Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Measure out the 2 cups of plain, raw almonds onto an ungreased baking sheet and arrange in a thin layer. Cook for 7 minutes. Almonds don’t need long to get toasty! If they cook for too long, they taste burnt. (You can avoid this step if you buy roasted, salted almonds – however toasting the raw nuts yourself allows you to control the salt and eliminate additives.)
- Once the almonds are toasted, let them finish cooking on the baking sheet for 15 minutes or so. Then place into your blender (Vitamix works great!), along with the coconut flakes and salt.
- Place your blender lid on, and remove the center plug so you can use the tamper stick. This is a necessary tool to making the nut butter, in my opinion. Start on a low setting to just get them all chopped up and combined. Then slowly increase the speed, using the tamper to keep pushing the mixture down towards the blades, as you blend at high speed. This takes about 2-3 minutes and lots of arm strength.
- Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes 1 1/4 c. coconut almond butter.
This is great for smoothies, sandwiches or snacks! I put mine on a rice cracker square and topped it with some date slices. So yummy! I think I might try that before some of my longer runs this season too.
Do you prefer almond or peanut butter? Store bought or homemade?
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get my latest posts and content by email. (You can unsubscribe at any time.)